Aside from the wealth of information you can find on the web (as long as you’re careful about your sources), there are many well-written authoritative books about grammar that you may find useful as you plan your teaching experience or complete some of the other assignments for this course. The list below includes some that I’ve found particularly helpful and includes HBLL call numbers where I know the book is available in our library; if it’s not available in the HBLL, I probably have a copy in my office that you’re welcome to borrow.
- Understanding English Grammar—Kolln & Funk (PE 1112 .K64 and my office)
- Grammar in the Classrom—Lester (PE 1112 .L45)
- Analyzing the Grammar of English—Teschner (HBLL has an electronic edition)
- A Basic Grammar of Modern English—Liles (my office)
- Analyzing English Grammar—Klammer, Schulz, Della Volpe (my office)